Monday, May 18, 2015

The Little Mermaid 1

Posted by Geek-o-Rama Admin on 2:00 PM

Do you know the real story of the Little Mermaid? 

When a young mermaid makes a wish to become human, her world will turn upside down and she will need to find the courage to confront her fears or perish at the hands of evil.

When I was little, my mom took me to see Disney’s The Little Mermaid in theaters. According to her, I spent the entire film asking “when will they kiss?”. My reasoning for this is that once they kissed, the movie would be over.

Anyways, my initial reaction to this new Little Mermaid is: when will they kiss? Gone are the singing crabs and evil fat women, and in their place is a weird tale of corporate creed and some sort of nature vs. technology thing. Though I am intrigued by a twist in the story, one that probably would have made me read the second issue if I wasn’t already required to.

Miguel Mendonca’s art is pretty great, he brings the ocean to life, with lots of blue making way for more blue. Miguel is also great at drawing smoking hot ladies, if you know what I’m saying.

Truth be told, I have read worse things published by Zenscope. There is nothing inherently wrong with this comic. If you were looking for a gritty reboot of The Little Mermaid, this is pretty much it. To find out more, visit Zenescope on their website or their Facebook.


Geek-o-Rama received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review. All thoughts, comments and opinions are those of the individual reviewer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search Site